Wanaka Ukuleles is a band of merry uke players and singers who live in and around the beautiful lake and mountain resort town of Wanaka, on New Zealand’s South Island.
There is something about the sound of ukes that bring smiles and a touch of magic to any event. It appeals to young and old alike. Ukulele music has enjoyed a revival in more recent times thanks to the likes of the wonderful Wellington Ukulele Orchestra and The Great British Ukulele Orchestra. And there shows no sign of the little flea jumping instrument loosing vogue any time soon.
Every wedding is unique so when we play is up to you – or ask us for ideas.
Here’s just a selection of some of the songs we play:
- Mrs Robinson – Simon and Garfunkel
- Riptide – Vance Joy
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow – Israel Kamakawiwo’ole
- One Love – Bob Marley
- Bye Bye Love – Everly Brothers
- Losing My Religion – REM
- Weather With You – Crowded House
- Sway – Dean Martin
- Scarborough Fair – Traditional Folk song
- Hey Brother – Aviici
- Daydream Beliver – The Monkees
- Rise – Eddie Vedder
- Land Down Under – Men at Work
- Up – Demi Lovato and Olly Murs
- Ho Hey – The Lumineers
- Listen to the Music – The Doobie Brothers
- When I’m Sixty Four – The Beatles
- Octopus’ Garden – The Beatles
- You Got to Hide Your Love Away – The Beatles
or perhaps you have a special request…